Cheesy Chicken and Rice (Instant Pot)
There are several meals that I keep in my “back pocket” for those days that are a little bit crazy, a little bit hectic – but still deserve a great tasting, homemade meal. This Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice is one of my absolute favorites.
This creamy and delicious dish makes it seem as if you’ve spent a lot of time, hovering over the stove – stirring and stirring a smooth and creamy risotto. But, you haven’t! You chopped up some veggies and chicken. You threw that, along with some rice into your Instant Pot – and dinner was done in much less than an hour.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 fresh carrots sliced julienne
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and pressed or sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (or more)
- 2 cups rice jasmine
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped – separated
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese separated
- Cut the chicken, onion, carrots, garlic, and parsley as described above. Place in separate containers.
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Add butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add garlic to center where butter is not.
- Allow garlic to simmer.
- Add onion and carrot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Allow to cook for approximately 7 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Allow chicken to cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining salt and pepper.
- Add broth and rice.
- Place Instant Pot lid, set to sealing.
- Set your Instant part to manual high for 10 minutes.
- Manual release all steam when finished.
- Remove lid and add 1 cup of parmesan cheese and half of the parsley.
- Stir well.
- Serve and top with additional parsley and cheese as desired.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?