I love when I find an old recipe that has an ingredient that I do not immediately recognize. This dessert calls for a package of dessert topping. “What in the world is that?”, I wondered.
A quick Google search led me to Dream Whip Whipped Topping which is a powdered, and easy way of creating a whipped topping.
So, for this recipe, you can find Dream Whip Whipped Topping or purchase a Cool Whip (frozen) topping. Whichever is easier for you to find and use.
Or, you can make yours completely homemade. Either way, this sounds delicious.
- 2 large packages of vanilla pudding
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Angel food cake (store made, homemade, or made from a box)
- 1 package. dessert topping mix*
- Prepare pudding according to box instructions
- Stir in pineapple
- Dip a layer of pudding into a baking dish
- Break up cake and drop small pieces over first layer of pudding
- Top with the remaining pudding
- Cover with the dessert toping mix which has been prepared according to package directions.
- Cut into squares for serving
Recipe shared in the Favorite Recipes of Indiana
Recipe supplied by Mrs. William W. Cake