How to Slow Cook Teriyaki Chicken
Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
Teriyaki Chicken is a great dish any time of year! I enjoy chicken served any which way – but this is a favorite! Pair it with a complimenting rice or side of pasta and enjoy!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Note: This recipe makes approximately 2 quarts. So you’ll need to choose a slow cooker close to that size.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy slow cooking!
How to Make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken in a Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- In large bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, garlic, and soy sauce
- Stir in ginger, and pepper
- Place chicken pieces in slow cooker
- Pour mixture over chicken
- Cook on low 4 - 5 hours
- Remove chicken pieces from slow cooker
- Cut into 1-inch bite sized pieces
- Strain liquid from slow cooker
- Bring to a boil in medium sized pot
- In measuring cup or small bowl, combin water and corn starch until dissolved
- Stir into boiling mixture
- Reduce to a simmer
- When sauce thickens combine it with chicken back in the slow cooker or other deep serving dish
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?