Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Pork Chalupas Recipe
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Pork Chalupas
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 3 lb pork loin roast
- 4 oz canned green chiles
- 2 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 7½ oz jar jalapeño relish
- 1 lb Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- Chalupa shells (or corn chips if you can't find shells)
- corn chips (optional if you can't find Chalupa shells)
- Wash pinto beans
- In large bowl, mix pinto beans, chiles, cumin seeds, salt, garlic and aregano
- Place roast into a large Dutch oven
- Pour bean mixture over top
- Cover with water
- Place lid on Dutch oven and simmer for 6 hours
- Stir often
- Add water when needed
- Remove roast from Dutch oven and place on cutting board
- Cut meat from the bone
- With forks, pull pork apart
- Place pork back into Dutch oven
- Leave uncovered and cook an addition 1 - 1½ hours or until mix is thick
- In large skillet, heat approximately 1/2 tablespoon of oil over a medium heat
- Fry chalupa shells for 2 minutes (1 minute on each side)
- Remove from oil and pat dry before shaping chalupa
- Scoop pork into chalupa shells (or overtop of corn chips if you do not have Chalupa shells)
- Spread lettuce, onion, tomatoe and cheese overtop of pork
- Serve with jalapeño relish
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?