Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Maple Monday Series where I feature a delicious recipe that includes maple syrup. With Indiana’s Maple Syrup production increasing in recent years – I thought this would be a fun way to introduce more of its use to my friends and family.
You can browse a wide selection of maple syrups here. Keep in mind that all maple syrups are not equal. If you have tried a maple syrup in the past and you found it to be bitter, try again. It’s probably just that brand or particular harvest or process that you do not like.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Maple Apple Crunch Pudding
Maple Apple Crunch Pudding
- 1 ½ Cup graham crackers, crumbled fine
- ½ Cup butter
- 4 large apples, tart
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In bowl, mix together melted butter, cinnamon, and graham cracker crumbs
- Peel and core apples. Cut into thin slices
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, place apple slices in a thick layer across the bottom
- Pour maple syrup over apples
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over top
- Bake approximately 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve warm. It's delicious with vanilla ice cream!