If you’d like a more fluffy dinner roll, I suggest: (1) Adding anywhere from 1/2 cup of water or milk up to 1 cup. (2) Adding a teaspoon of Crisco for the yeast to feed on. (3) Warming the liquid and allowing your yeast to proof in the water or milk for 5 minutes before adding to the banana and vanilla mixture. (4) I typically use 1 tsp of yeast per 1 cup of flour. I would suggest increasing the yeast based on the amount of flour used.
2 ripe bananas, peeled
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp unsalted, melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Peel and mash bananas together with the vanilla in a medium-size bowl.
- Add egg, mix together
- Add yeast, mix together
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- Add melted butter to banana mixture, and combine
- Combine flour and banana mixture
- Knead until dough comes together
- Form into a ball and place inside a lightly greased bowl, cover, and set in a warm place to rise
- Once dough has doubled, remove from bowl and shape into rolls
- Place rolls in greased baking dish, cover, and allow to rise
- Bake in 375F oven 15-20 minutes
- Prep Time: 2 Hours
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Baking